Hello, Mrs Hg137 here. And Mr Hg137 too; this is a joint post.
A little while ago, we were nominated for the One Lovely Blogger award. We’ve been a bit delayed about responding. In mid-May, Mr Hg137 broke his arm, falling off a Segway (!), so I’ve been a bit busy since then. But things are improving now, so it’s time to respond to that award.
Recipients of the OLB award are required to:
– Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
– Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
– Nominate other bloggers you admire.
Well, the first one is easy. Local cachers Robb-Inn kindly nominated us. We think they live no more than a couple of miles from us, and we’ve come across their names on cache logs … usually on the Isle of Wight … which is much, much further than a couple of miles from us. Nicest of all, they’ve said that their blog gave them the idea to blog themselves.
The second one is harder. Here are seven random things:
1. Mr Hg137 and myself share the same birthday – same day, same month, and we were born on the same day of the week – but we aren’t the same age.
2. We are both quite good at Scrabble. We are (just) among the top hundred players in the country. At the moment Mr Hg137 is rated slightly higher than me; other times I’m rated slightly higher than him.
3. We like trying different methods of transport – tram, punt, canal boat, Segway (not an unqualified success, that one, see the start of the post). And Mr Hg137 was terrified on the chairlift, while I did not like the tethered balloon ride one bit.
4. We grow our own fruit and veg, mainly in pots/containers. We currently are growing potatoes, runner beans, French beans, tomatoes, carrots, sprouts, artichokes, chard, garlic, apples, pears and plums. Not to mention 7 different types of herbs (mint, oregano, lavender, chives, rosemary, bay, sage) so we won’t.
5. You may be aware we are currently walking the Thames Path. Other long distance paths we have walked include the South Downs Way, the Ridgeway and the St Swithun’s Way.
6. We live near Swinley Forest, which 4 years ago suffered a devastating fire when over 100,000 trees were lost. The following year, many volunteers, including us, replanted many (over 10,000 between us) new saplings of pine, oak, sequoia and alder. We probably planted well over 300 trees and we frequently visit ‘our trees’.
7. One of us hates chocolate; one of us hates cheese. I wonder who hates what?
And the third one is harder still. Most of the (geocaching) bloggers we first thought of have already been nominated but here are some others: